Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Project 365 Specifics

I have had several questions about my Project 365 for 2011 so I thought I would share a little bit more about my approach to this album. I knew there was a direct correlation between keeping it simple and me actually doing the pages each week. When I first started to scrapbook, I did so as a means of documenting life and putting my pictures some place rather than a box. Now....I would admit that it is 50/50 between wanting to document life in addition to my desire to create. It is a win-win!

By doing this project, I feel like I can be "free" to create whatever "fun" pages I want because I have so much documented in this album. In a nutshell, I don't feel the pressure of having to create a page for everything because I still have it documented in this book. AND to be perfectly honest with you, when I am looking to do a...what I call "fun" page, I will go through this album to jog my memory.

My approach to this project last year, included these four templates. I used Jelly Alpha No. 18 by Maplebrook Studios for the word "Week". I used an alpha for this portion of the title because I knew it would be there every week and I could easily change the number of the week by using the text tool.





In this album, I included "special events" pages in addition to the weekly pages. I felt like this made my album so much more complete than my previous run at this project. When I selected which template to use, I always wanted the large photo to be opposite one another (one on top and one on the bottom) to give the page balance. You can't really see my journaling because it is so tiny but it was just basic tidbits about our entire week and not what was just pictured in the photos.
Each year I have learned something new from this project. I thought about using this same template set again for 2012 because I REALLY liked it but decided to do something different just to stay fresh. I'm in the process of finalizing my system for this year. I'm excited to get it rolling.



All products are from Designer Digitals. If you would like to see the specific credits, you can find them here.



It really IS a manageable project. I just kept to a schedule in which there was a specific day of the week that I did my page. It felt good to do a little recap each week and didn't take long at all. I will admit that I was nervous headed into this project the first time around because I don't like starting something that I can't finish. I quickly learned that it really wasn't a big commitment if I just spent a little time each week. My album should be here in a day or two and I cannot wait to share it with my family. I know that years down the road...I will really enjoy seeing this recap of our life "back in the day".






Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



6 comments:

  1. Jana, are the templates from Designer Digitals as well (or did you make them)? I may have missed them in the credits. Beautiful album--thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering about the templates as well. I couldn't find the information in your credits. Beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Jana! I'm always thrilled to see your projects. Can't wait to see your 2012 P365+1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nice comments and interest in my project. I created the template. I shared with Pattie Knox who is a designer at Designer Digitals and she recreated the template. Pattie's template will be for sale this weekend at Designer Digitals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cool! Thanks to you & Patti; I'll be looking for the templates.

    ReplyDelete