Friday, January 27, 2012

Documenting More Than a Decade

A year ago Katie Pertiet at Designer Digitals came up with this fabulous idea to "Document a Decade". She created a series of templates to use for this project. I immediately wanted to do this project. I had met Jeff in 2000 and let's just say that it was a decade full of changes. I wanted to document the changes in our family and I am SO glad that I did. Out of all of the albums that I have created my "Documenting a Decade" album is my absolute favorite. It is so fun to page through and see the growth of our family. As you probably know by now, I take a lot of pictures so I was worried about how I could get more photos on one page. I decided that for each year, I would do a family spread and then a spread for each of my kids once we had more children. I also created little sections/chapters for each year.


I have LOVED looking through that album. You can find it here if you would like to take a peek. I decided that I'm not going to stop at a decade. I'm going to continue to do it each year for as long as I can. If I can continue to do this little project for the next 20 years, I will have 30 years of our family's growth all together in one album. I just think that would be pretty neat to have.


Yesterday I started working on the pages for this year. You can find them below...









I also have a little title page for each year...



The back page of my little "chapter" has all of the highlights for that year listed...





All products are from Designer Digitals.


I just think it is such a great project to do. Families change so quickly and it is so fun to see the growth in one album.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome project! I love your album with 2000-2010 and I think it's wonderful that you plan to contintue it. I can certainly see why the album is a favorite! I would love to create this type of album but I don't have photos from every year (or the memory to tell which year the photos are from) to cover our 42 years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete