Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

As we celebrate mother's day in the USA, I am once again reminded of what a special role we have as mothers. God knows it is not easy but what a privilege it is. I declared earlier in the week that it was "Be Nice to Your Mother Week" and by Thursday, I was well aware that title didn't fit AT ALL. It was just one of those weeks when everything seemed to be a struggle.




At one point during the week, I received this note with a purple lifesaver glued to the piece of paper.




I think this sums up the week for me although today we had an incredible day. Quinn spent the day with Jeff and had a wonderful time. I took the girls to see the play "Annie" at the children's theater and then we went out to lunch at one of our favorite places Annie's Parlor by my old stomping grounds near the University of Minnesota. We ended the day by playing tennis at the park. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Tomorrow we are looking forward to celebrating with Jeff's side of the family and hoping the weather cooperates.






I want to thank all of the special women in my life (you know who you are) for providing an abundance of love, support and friendship. I have been truly blessed. I want to wish everybody a day filled with love and happiness.




A page I created for mom... All products are from Designer Digitals.




I found this little poem and it touched my heart...



My mother kept a garden, a garden of the heart. She planted all the good things that gave my life its start. She turned me to the sunshine and encouraged me to dream, fostering and nurturing the seeds of self-esteem. And when the winds and rains came she protected me enough, but not too much because she knew I needed to grow strong and tough. Her constant good example always taught me right from wrong. Markers for my pathway that will last a lifetime long. I am my mother's garden. I am her legacy, and I hope today she feels the love reflected back from me.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment