Monday, January 10, 2011

Project 365 for 2011

We are 10 days into Project 365 for 2011. I received my album for 2010 in the mail today from Shutterfly. It is so much fun to look through. Each of the kids looked through it for a super long time and kept calling me over to point out pictures that they had forgotten about. I LOVE that aspect of scrapbooking. It helps all of us remember moments.

For 2011, I decided to use this Template by Anna Aspnes at Designer Digitals. I am using the left side of the template and altered it a little bit to accommodate seven photos for each week. I love Anna's templates because they are clean and the photos are always the focus of her pages. I liked this template because I wanted to have one focal photo and this design worked for me.

I put some pages together using this template so all I have to do each week is drop the photos into the template and change the journaling. It worked so well last year and my goal is to keep it as simple as possible so I finish it. I'm also going to change out the color embellishments each week based on the color palette of my photos but that is also a very simple change to make. Here are a couple of the templates that are just waiting for the pictures and journaling:



Here is my page from Week One of 2011:

My 2010 album was about the little details of our lives. I did not do much with the highlights. One of my goals for this album is to include a page pertaining to our highlights based on the same template. This is a page that I did for Amelia's birthday party. I'm hoping my album is a little more comprehensive this year and includes as much about our lives as possible. Using the same template system should help make this into a manageable task. I'm excited about this project. It is such a treat to hear my kids ask for their albums and relive the special moments that we have shared.

My first spread will look like this...
It has been especially fun going through the gallery at Designer Digitals and seeing who is embarking on this journey as well...there are so many wonderful ideas and fabulous pages out there. This project is very feasible if you have a template in hand and enjoy taking photographs.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment