Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Designing Doubles

I am so excited to announce my newest class, Designing Doubles that is now on sale at Creative Passion.  This class has been swirling around in my head for a long time and it feels great to finally see it come together.



I started scrapbooking over twenty years ago (yes, it is scary to actually put that in writing) as a way of showcasing my photos and telling my story.  Although my scrapbooking world has evolved into so much more, the main reason that I scrapbook has not changed at all.  I want to share the little stories of our lives in a way that will help these stories to live on in my heart and the hearts of my loved ones. Our story is important and I really want to tell our story in a meaningful and visually appealing way.  Over the years as both a paper and digital scrapbooker, I have developed strategies that help me design pages.  One of my favorite things in life is to look at a blank canvas and think about the endless possibilities for that design.  My mind just wants to race off in all different directions but over the years, I have developed strategies that help guide my page designs. 

In this class, I will share these strategies along with design techniques that I use to create traditional page designs.  Students will be able to look over my shoulder as I demonstrate my design strategies and deconstruct pages.  My goal for the class is simple.   I hope my students walk away from each lesson feeling inspired with a new perspective on page design.

The class is four weeks long and begins on May 13th.  It consists of 1 introductory recording and four recorded lessons.    Each lesson will also come with a written pdf.  There will also be four midweek challenges aimed at jump starting your creativity.   Students will have access to a private forum and gallery.

A huge "thank you" to Katie Pertiet at Designer Digitals for a wonderful digital sampler pack that is also included with the class.

This is a design class and is applicable to digital, traditional and hybrid scrapbookers.

I hope you are interested in joining me for this journey.  If you would like more information or to register, you can head on over to Creative Passion. There is also an 10% early bird discount if you enter the following code: 10offDBL.  I hope to see you there!

3 comments: