Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Changes


As the end of the school year approaches, I am reminded of how quickly time passes.  I think about what grade my children will be in next year and it doesn't seem possible.  As the school year wraps up, I like to think about what made this school year special.  It helps me summarize the year while the memories are still fresh. 



All products are from Designer Digitals.

I recently created this page for our oldest daughter.  It was so amazing to see her growth over the last six years all in one layout.  I also was able to include a short summary of each of her years.   When my younger daughter saw this page, she was quick to point out that she needed me to create one of her just like this.

As the school year comes to a close, think about what memories you want to preserve for your child.  What were the highlights of the year?  What did they enjoy learning about?  What struggles did they have?  Who did they enjoy hanging out with?  What activities did they participate in?  What field trips did they take?  What did they like about their teacher?

I encourage you to sit down with your child and write down this information before summer hits.  My kids love to be included in what I am creating.  It is not only a special time to work together.  It is also a way of showing them how important they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment