Sunday, April 22, 2012

Skating Show

It was a big weekend around here.  The girls had their ice show.  They were giddy all week and had so much fun on Saturday.   They did a great job and loved being a part of the show!  It was so fun to watch the older girls.  I'm amazed at how they can skate and it is fabulous for the younger ones like Ellie and Mia to see the dedication and work ethic that is involved in skating.  Who knows how long they will be into skating but they sure can't get enough of it right now.  It is so fun for me to see them love something so much.



Here they are before the show.  Let's just say that our dear neighbor got called in to do hair and make-up...I am SO not a girly-girl!  Jan did great!


Lets just say that I am less than thrilled with the photos that I got of them on the ice.  It is so hard.  I tried to get some shots during the dress rehearsal and finally decided it was impossible.  The lighting is terrible, they are all clumped together and I was so far away from them.  The camera didn't even come out of the bag for the two real performances on Saturday which is a first for me. 

I LOVE this shot captured after the show of my dad and Ellie. 

The girls were so lucky to have so many special people in the audience watching.

It was a wonderful week filled with memories. We were at the ice arena every night this week.  Now I need to get caught back up with regular life!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment