Friday, November 4, 2011

My Birthday

My birthday was yesterday. I will be honest. I kind of like having my birthday. It is just like any other day but it gives me the excuse to use this line with the kids "it is my birthday and you need to be nice to me". I don't get caught up in age...not at all. When I have to report my age on a form...in all honesty, I have to do the math in my head. A couple of weeks ago, I started doing the math for this birthday. 2011-1971 = 40.....40....40...FORTY! And I found myself sitting there thinking....when did that happen? I don't feel like I should be that number although when I look in the mirror now, I am starting to see that number.


Somebody asked me yesterday if it made me feel down to be turning 40. I laughed and said "no". I just like to joke about it. I think of life as a gift...I truly do and to think that God has blessed me with 40 years...I think that is pretty awesome. I don't know where the time has gone. There certainly have been some challenges along the way....things that I wish would have been different but when I look at where I am today....I can't help but be overcome with gratefulness. I am surrounded by a loving family, I get to be home to raise my kids, I am healthy, happy and enjoy life. What more could I possibly ask for?


This is how I spent my day. After getting the kids ready for school, I dropped Ellie and Quinn off at school. Mia and I then headed to one of my most favorite places. The kids and I can frequently be found walking around this little lake, exploring nature, and taking pictures. I absolutely LOVE it!

I took some shots of Mia. I love having special time with her.





We attempted some fun self-timer pictures.





We gathered pretty leaves that Mia was excited to share with her teacher.




Mia and I went to Panera for hot chocolate and blueberry muffins. A cup of hot chocolate was only 338 calories...I couldn't bring myself to look at the calorie count for the blueberry muffins!







The rest of the day was just normal...dropping kids off...picking kids up. We squeezed in a quick dinner out before having to get Ellie to choir practice. Our dear neighbors came over for cake afterwards. My neighbor walked in and saw the balloons that my dear friend dropped off earlier in the day and said "WHAT...this is the BIG one...and this is ALL we are doing....we would have went ALL out if I would have known this was 40"... I just laughed. My birthday was perfect....simple.....just the way that I wanted it.














Thank you to everybody who sent me cards, flowers, gifts, birthday messages and love. I am so grateful for ALL of the wonderful people in my life. I am truly, truly blessed!






Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jana, I knew it was your birthday of course from DD but didn't know you clocked a "0". But yes its just a number, how you feel is more important. Love the self timer photo and the photo of all of your family.

    ReplyDelete