Monday, November 7, 2011

From the Printer

We had a pretty quiet weekend which was nice. I mentioned in a previous post that I had just ordered some prints from Persnickety Prints. We just received them in the mail and once again I was so impressed with the quality and speed of their services.

I thought it would be fun to show you what life looks like when we get pages in the mail. Most of my scrapbooking inspiration comes from my kids at this point in my life. I always show them the pages that I have created as I'm going along. They usually look at them for a second and that is about it. It is a whole different story when the pages come back from the printer. They sit around the table and we go through each one and put them in their respective piles for their albums. They are so excited to have them in their hands.



When I am creating pages, I would say that my least favorite part of the page is journaling. When we get pages back it reinforces the importance of journaling. I am often in a hurry to move on to my next projec and I know that I don't take the time that I should for journaling in a lot of instances. Once again, I was reminded of the importance of journaling. The kids look at their pages and immediately follow with "mom, read it to me". They treasure the words that I write now...just think how they will treasure them years from now. I would give anything to go through the few photos that I have of my childhood and "hear" the recollection from my mother's point of view.

My kids love to look at their pages as well as their albums. They pull them out frequently. I love seeing them do this and hearing their memories of the event. These days totally reinforce why I am so diligent about documenting life.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo, Jana! So wonderful that they enjoy your printed pages so much. Makes it worth getting them printed, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete