Thursday, July 14, 2011

Make a List

I will admit that journaling is my least favorite part of scrapbooking and yet I know it is the most important part of each page. I know that years from now, the photos will give the visual but it will be the words that will be the most meaningful to my children when I am no longer here. I know that because it is the letters that I received from my mom when I was in college that I LOVE to pick up and read. They bring me peace and love.

My own children reinforce this theory as well. When we get pages back, they always want me to read them...and then reread them. When I write to my children, I really try to write from my heart. I want them to always know how much I love them and how much I enjoy them...not just now but I want them to know this years from now when they look back on their childhood.

One of the more simple ways that I have enjoyed journaling is by making a list. Every year, I do a page for each of my children that highlights their personalities, hobbies, likes, dislikes, things they say...you get the point. It is just a list of random little things that I don't want to forget. Each stage passes so quickly and it is my way to take a "snapshot" of their life right now. This technique is so easy and I think it is so valuable. I am including the three pages that I made this week for my kids. I created the entire page first and then I just sat back and wrote about every little detail about their life at this stage of the game. This is my kind of journaling...no worries about sentence structure...no worries about grammar...just a simple brainstorm that took about 10 minutes tops. This technique can be used for anything....you, your spouse, your home, your job, a difficult situation you are going through...a trip....anything. I think you should give it a try. I know that I will be using it again and again.











All products are from Designer Digitals.




I hope you give this a try. I think you will agree it is an easy technique that certainly allows you to record a lot of meaningful details. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment