Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Beginning of October

October has arrived and I can't believe it.  I'm wondering where September went.  The weather has been absolutely amazing here.  The temperatures are warm and the colors of fall are on fire.  I love this season!  I thought I would share my favorite photo from last week.  This is the lake near our home and when we have an occasional night off, I've been taking the kids there and I've decided that it is the perfect way to end the hectic days.




I just wanted to take this time to update you on a few things going on. 

Generations - Tomorrow is our last class posting for this class.  It has been an awesome journey for me to share my love for family heritage through this class.  I have had such a wonderful group of people to work with and it has been so fun to see them uncovering their stories from the past.  

Blending and Beyond - Blending and Beyond is back and begins next Monday.   I'm looking forward to this class starting and seeing what everybody creates.  If you haven't signed up yet, I would encourage you to  register.  I promise you will have fun!

Blending and Beyond Booster - We received a number of requests for more Blending and Beyond.  Tami and I put our heads together and came up with a Booster workshop that we are very excited about.  The workshop is scheduled for the end of November and is only for people who have taken Blending and Beyond.   This workshop includes two live webinars and one recording.  I'm liking the whole concept of this workshop and hope that is leads to a variety of workshop offerings.

Designer Digtials Photo Swap - In August, Designer Digitals hosted a photo swap and it was SO MUCH FUN.  I exchanged photos with Amy Mallory and had a blast scrapping somebody else's photos.  Well, the photo swap was such a huge hit and is back.  You can sign up through October 9th in the forum at Designer Digitals.   It is so fun to see what somebody else creates with your photos and it is also such a great way to connect with a fellow scrapbooker.  I hope you play along. 

Masterful Scrapbook Designs - Masterful Scrapbook Designs is a monthly seminar in which Debbie Hodge brings in a variety of scrapbookers to share their creative process.  Debbie has done a wonderful job with this and it is an ABUNDANCE of information.  The artists share layouts and deconstruct their process. There are also live webinars and it is so fun to listen to how everybody approaches memory keeping in their own unique way.  I will be teaching at MSD in November when the topic is "old photos".  I just finished getting everything ready for this seminar and I'm looking forward to sharing my creative process for heritage photos in this manner.  After completing a 200 + page heritage album, it was fun to dive back in and create different types of pages with these photos.

There is a lot of exciting things coming up that I'm looking forward to.  I hope you are enjoying these days of fall.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment