Monday, August 22, 2011

Repeating Word Art - Technique Tuesday

Word art is one of my favorite products to add to a page. I love the simplicity of it and it works really well on pages that are very graphic. I think the word "graphic" would describe my style. One of the ways that I have used word art to unify my layout is by incorporating it into the background paper by changing the opacity or even using a blending mode. I love how subtle it is but it ties the whole page together. Here are some examples of ways that I have used word art on my background paper.

Unconditional Love: You can see that I took the word art that I used for the title...made it larger and then duplicated it several times and "sprinkled" it around the page.


When: On this page, I wrote the title "When" in a font (Impact which is one of my favorites) and then stroked the outside so only the outline appeared. I then duplicated the title and blended it into the background in several places.






Believe: I used an alpha on this title. I highlighted the title with marching ants, filled in the layer below it so that the title would have a shadow. I duplicated this shadow a couple of times, changed the opacity of each of these layers and used it as a type of brushwork.








Happiness: Here you can see that I placed the quote and title in multiple places around the page.





Write It: Once again, I duplicated the quote and made it significantly bigger and placed it over the right hand portion of the page. I then reduced the opacity of it. I love how it reinforces my message.






This is just a simple technique but I really like the look of it!




At the beginning of the summer, I decided to bring you "Technique Tuesday". I have really enjoyed sharing some techniques with you and I hope that you have found them helpful. This will be the last installment of Technique Tuesday at least for awhile. I will continue to share techniques with you from time to time because I really enjoy it but it will be more random. Let' s just say that life is hopping and that is a very good thing...busy but good!



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. So clever, Jana! It has been fascinating seeing how you put all these techniques to use. You use so many of them on a page that we see the overall effect but miss noticing all the special touches. It has been so king of you to share. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ideas and suggestions, dear! I love your style. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulousness with us lesser creatures :)

    ReplyDelete