Friday, August 19, 2011

Our Week

Friday has arrived...yeah! We are headed out of town for the weekend and really excited. The week was busy as usual. My camera lens broke while we were on vacation a few weeks ago. It is on it's way to Japan to get fixed which totally bums me out. I used my only other lens as backup...it is going to be a loooooong 6-8 weeks! Here is a little recap of our week...

I survived school shopping with the girls which actually turned out to be fun...I think we spent 1.5 hours and all of our money in one store but everybody came out of there happy which was a bonus. Amelia HAD to get this hat which she ended up wearing all week so it was justified and Ellie HAD to get Vikings sweatpants. The two of them couldn't be more opposite.

A little trip to my favorite park which includes a little trail in which I love to practice photography and the kids love to look for animals...it is a win-win in my book...





I looked at this photo and did a double take....Jeff and Ellie look so much alike here...




Our neighbor boy who is an engineer in the making and is always going through our garage looking for parts assembled this go-cart that the kids had a blast with this week...


Unfortunately the wheels gave out but he came back the next day with a better design...


A lot of time at the park this week...









On Thursday night, a friend invited us to go see the Twin Cities River Rats. They perform every Thursday night and the kids just LOVED it. It is free which is always a bonus and I think that we will be back there again this week. My friend used to be a part of the team. They are performing here on the Mississippi River.





Today Quinn heard heavy equipment in the cul de sac behind our house. I told him he could go watch and when I came to check on him, I found him like this....sitting on top of the fire hydrant enthralled with the trucks.



I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment