Friday, March 18, 2011

Printing

One of my favorite things about scrapbooking is when I get the prints or the album back from the printer. We all just LOVE to look and remember these special moments in our lives.
The kids look at their albums often.

When I first started scrapbooking, I was a traditional scrapbooker and have albums upon albums of traditional two page spreads. When I switched to all digital several years ago, I continued to do all two page spreads but had them printed as Shutterfly albums. The kids would each get several albums a year and then I would do one album for the family to summarize our year.

Last year I got away from that method. I discovered that I enjoyed scrapping moments more than events and enjoyed making single pages. I also would have to say that the creative aspect of scrapbooking seemed to take more importance in my life than recording the events. Anna Aspnes from Designer Digitals recommended using a D-Ring binder from We R Memory Keepers. I tried this method and I LOVE it...it works for me. I don't fret about the pages not matching and these albums can hold a ton of pages. It also allows me the freedom to scrapbook what I want and I am not tied to scrapbooking chronologically.


Anna also recommended having prints made at Persnickety Prints. I just received my second batch of prints from them and I HIGHLY recommend them. The quality is incredible!!! I can't even begin to tell you how pleased I am with the prints.

Here is a glimpse into our world when our pages arrive.

I have continued to do an album in review each year which includes a highlight of the events in our lives. Jeff's mom always asks for this for Christmas. I had a year full of single pages but still wanted the majority of them to be double page spreads so I had to do a little backtracking. There are a few single pages in there that were favorites of mine and also my mother in law. At any rate, I'm happy to have the book finally done.
If you would like to take a peek, you certainly can. All products are from Designer Digitals. A few pages will appear white because they will be seen in upcoming issues of Creating KeepsakesMy 2010 Family Album

No comments:

Post a Comment