Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blending

I will be the first to admit that I am addicted to blending images. I like the softness of a blended image...I like the dramatic feel that it brings a page...I like that I can use more photos when I incorporate one into the background...I like that blended images allow me to learn more about photoshop through playing...and I think my most favorite aspect of blending is that it hides imperfections in the photo itself. I think these photos are a perfect example of that. I am not a photographer but I try to be. My photos have much to be desired.



Last Sunday, my daughter came down in the morning and saw what I was wearing for church...a sweater and jeans (yes, that is about as fancy as it gets for me) and ran upstairs and put on a similar sweater and jeans. She told me that she wanted to be my twin. It was so sweet. I adore this girl. I "set" the camera (obviously not very well) and handed it over to my husband. He took some shots of the two of us and despite the quality of the images, I love these photos. Here is a look at the photos themselves...


Here is the final image that I created. I had so much fun with this piece because I was blending my little heart out and loved every minute of it. I am also a huge fan of blending modes and love to try different effects on everything. I think my final image is significantly different than the original photos. Alot of people will ask me how I do different things and my best advice is just to play and have fun. Anna Aspnes at Designer Digitals offers Art Play Palette kits that are absolutely awesome....she makes it so easy for a page to come together. The image below was created with her new Art Play Palette Genuine.


All products are from Designer Digitals.

No comments:

Post a Comment