Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ellie's Birthday Party - Blizzard of Fun

Today was a blizzard...seriously...I think we have received about 18 inches of snow. I went out this morning to pick up Ellie's cake and balloons...people were stuck ALL over...as I drove around, I saw one car after another trying to get dug out from the drifts. I couldn't get the shopping cart to my car at Target because it was soooo thick. Ellie was worried that nobody would come to her party and yet everybody showed up...even Julie and Ava came all of the way from Apple Valley...unbelievable in these conditions. The party went soooo well and soooo fast...the girls were wonderful and Ellie had a blast. The birthday girl waiting for her guests to arrive.
Some of the guests were doing crafts and waiting for the others to arrive...
Ellie's take on the rock star poster!
What a cute bunch of friends...
Everybody got their own map for the treasure hunt...
checking the goods after the treasure hunt...


And doesn't every seven year old need a socket set...apparently Fritz and Jan think so...they are the best....they will go in her new toolbox along with the pink tools that Fritz bought her last summer. She is ready for some more serious action in his garage!

I can't believe she will be seven tomorrow....the time has gone by so quickly. She has certainly been a blessing to all of us. Her spunky personality keeps us all on our toes. Tomorrow I am surprising her with tickets to see a Junie B Jones play "Jingle Bells..Batman Smells". She loves those books. I hope you are all safe and enjoying some warmth in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment