Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Children and Scrapbooking

This school year I wanted my children to take a more active role in their scrapbooks.  I love to capture bits of them in the photos that they draw and their handwriting.  This year they are filling out prompt sheets and I plug their work into a template.  It gets them writing and creating and allows me to capture this stage of their life.  It is a win-win in my book.   My kids LOVE to create.  What is the saying...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Tonight I had a couple more prompt sheets for them to complete.  Ellie started doing them and when Mia and Quinn saw her, they immediately wanted to do theirs as well.  Another win-win-win.

Here is the scene tonight after dinner at our house...






Here are a few of the pages they have created thus far for their album....




Papers are from Designer Digitals.

I think it is so important and a WHOLE LOT OF FUN to include your children in memory-keeping.  If I say "will you create...." my kids, especially my girls are usually running for the markers before I can get the words out.  They love to create and will jump on any opportunity to do so.  There are so many great qualities that can develop through creativity...self-confidence....self-expression....open-mindedness....and the list goes on.

What ways are using to involve your children in memory-keeping?  I would sure love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment