Sunday, August 12, 2012

Photo Swap at Designer Digitals


There are so many wonderful aspects of being involved in an online community.  I will admit that the first time that I uploaded a page to the gallery at Designer Digitals my stomach was turning.  I was a nervous wreck about putting my work out there for others to see.  Well, it turned out to be one of the greatest things that I have done for myself.  Everybody was so warm and welcoming and it felt so great to connect with people who actually "get" what I am so passionate about.  It feels like a family at Designer Digitals....it truly does.  I have made friends from all over the world as we share the ups and downs of our lives through this amazing hobby.  I have a whole network of online friends, some of them I email regularly, some of them I have had the privilege of meeting in real life.  I feel so blessed to be a part of such a warm and not to mention talented family.

I really enjoy going through the gallery at Designer Digitals.  It is so inspiring and there are so many talented people posting pages that truly leave me speechless at times.  I love looking at the variety of styles and learning new ways of preserving my memories.  

Amy Mallory is one of my dear friends who I have met through this crazy hobby.  I have not had the privilege of meeting Amy yet in person but I know that I will one day.  She is amazingly talented and has a heart of gold.  I admire her on so many levels.  Recently she organized a photo swap at Designer Digitals.  We have had over 20 pairs of people sign up and it has been such a fun challenge!  The pages have been AWESOME and it has been so fun to see people connecting through this challenge.

I happened to get paired with Amy Mallory (mymalloryboys) and immediately had a flood of photos flash through my mind that I would love to hand over to her.  She has such a beautiful style and so unique.  Here is the photo that I sent her.  Amy has three adorable boys and I thought it might be fun for her to do a girl page.



This is the page that Amy created for me.  When she sent it, my jaw dropped open.  I absolutely LOVE IT! It is so beautiful and as always, Amy's attention to detail just shines.  When I showed Ellie, she said "WOW Mom, that is soooooo awesome".   Thank you Amy for sharing your amazing talents with us.


Amy sent me these adorable pictures of her son Campbell playing in the sand.  I will admit it was a bit intimidating at first but once I started playing, I had an absolute blast creating this page.






Here is the page that I created for Amy.  All products are from Designer Digitals.


This was such a fun challenge and the photo swap will be happening in October again.  I know I will be signing up again.  It was so fun.  I will keep you posted and hope you can join in next time.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jana for such kind words! I had the most fun scrapping your girls! I absolutely love my page that you made for me. It will always be such a treasure!!! ~amy

    ReplyDelete