Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

We went back to my hometown for the weekend.  In addition to celebrating father's day, we had a family reunion.  I thought I would share some shots from the weekend...


At the hotel....



I am from Southeastern Minnesota and it is beautiful.  Winona is nestled between these huge bluffs and Mississippi River.


Here is a shot of my dad (left), my dear aunt who I am very close to and their brother who lives in Hawaii.  I think it is amazing how much they look alike.



You hear about family reunions in which you meet people that you had no idea you were related to and I certainly had one of those moments this weekend.  I will admit that I am not a TV person.  I could easily live without one unless the Masters or US open is on.  I learned that I was related to "The Kinetic King".  I had no idea who this guy was or what the phrase "Kinetic King" could mean.  He was going to do a performance at the reunion.  So the night before my cousin told me that I needed to see this before hand so he brings him up on Youtube.  Here is the link.  I came to find out that "The Kinetic King" got third place in America's Got Talent last year.  My jaw was on the floor as I watched the video.  To say it was unlike anything that I have ever seen before would be an understatement.  The "Kinetic King" gave a little performance for our family today and my main focus for the day was trying to keep Quinn away from his contraption.  It was unbelievable and obviously this guy inherited all of the patience in our family.  It was something to see.



The reunion was so fun and I'm so glad that I went.  I got some more family tree information which was exciting and made some new connections.  And this weekend proved that you just never know who you might be related to.

3 comments:

  1. Jana....love the pictures!! As soon as I saw them, I thought arghhhhhh I forgot to take a picture of Don yesterday!!! with the kids, sigh....need to remember more!! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog! I'm amazed at how you got a picture a split-second after detonation--whoo, hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't choose our relatives, but you have struck gold with the Kinetic King in your family. The kids loved his performances last year on AGT. What fun to have him set up something at your family reunion!!

    ReplyDelete